October 2, 2014: We celebrated our 21st Anniversary with a Gala Event at Lucarelli's.
Thank you all, for your support and your participation in our fundraising event, and always for your prayers and words of encouragement. Click here to see the photos.
On October 4, 2013 we celebrated our 20 year Anniversary.
THANK YOU to all our supporters who help organize and contribute to our anniversary celebrations!
Students in our Erie 2 CC BOCES LPN course hosted a Health Fair on May 15, 2014 for New Hope students and community members!
The 2013 LPN class from New Hope Education Center graduated in late June, 2013 at the sanctuary at Harvest House on Seneca St. Now, these 18 graduates are preparing for their state board exams. We wish them all the best in their testing and subsequent health professions. A new class of 32 LPN students will begin their classes in July.
Mark Cook, Harvest House Board Member, completed the Cincinnati Marathon on May 4th. Mark finished in 3 hrs, 47 minutes, which was great. And even better news for Harvest House was the generosity of Mark and his friends. Mark offered to match any donations made in support of his effort, and turn it all over to Harvest House. The total donation was over $2,300 including Mark's matching funds! Thank you Mark .... what a great effort!!
On April 1, 2013, the Baby and Children's Ministry moved to a greatly expanded facility at 175 Jefferson Ave. Now we have ample room for clients to wait indoors, and since we are located in the Harvest House Ministry Center, clients will be in close proximity to the New Hope Education Center and the Good Neighbors Health Care.
The Expanded New Hope Education Center opened for the first classes on March 11, 2013. Read more about the expansion and see more photos at the link on the right.
We welcome Carol Murphy as the Director of the New Hope Education Center.
Carol began working with us in March, 2013.
Mayor Byron Brown and Assemblyman Mickey Kearns visit the New Hope Education Center on January 18, 2013
- Buffalo News Article - August 6, 2012 on New Hope Education Center Expansion Read More
- The New Hope Education Center -- Expansion Project is moving ahead! Read more.
- Warm coats for kids have been donated to the Baby and Children's Ministry just in time for the beginning of winter. Read more about these wonderful donors. (read more)
- On October 13, 2011, Trocaire College, President Dr. Paul Hurley presented Linda and Gary Tatu the President's Award for Community Service at the annual Reflection Dinner. The award was made even more special because Dr. Hurley is retiring, and this will be the last award he will bestow.
- In September 2011 Erie 2CC BOCES graduated another class of Licensed Practical Nurses. The graduates attended class at the New Hope Education Center and held their graduation ceremony at Harvest House in the beautiful sanctuary.
- On May 1, 2011, Linda and Gary Tatu received the Annual Christian Service Award by the Canisius College Alumni Sodality "in recognition and thanksgiving for their service to the Diocese of Buffalo and the WNY community."
Click Here To Read The Article On Page 3
Click Here To Watch The Interview
Harvest House received $15,000 from the M&T Foundation towards the expansion of the New Hope Education Center. That brings the total raised to $480,000! This money will help to expand classroom and office space; allowing more classes and services to be offered at the Harvest House Ministry Center. It will also allow the Baby and Children's Ministry to move to the Jefferson Avenue location.
We are happy to report that the Patrick P. Lee Foundation awarded Harvest House $50,000 towards the expansion of the New Hope Education Center! Harvest House is proud of the faith the foundation put in this project.
(Jennifer Lee McNamara and Fred Cook of the Patrick P. Lee Foundation present Gary and Linda Tatu with a check for $50,000 towards the New Hope Education Center expansion)
Located in Key Largo, FL and Amherst, NY, the Patrick P. Lee Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to providing support to not-profit organizations that empower families and communities with the resources needed to create positive change in areas of education, cancer treatment/research, mental health and human services in Southern Florida and Western New York.
For more information on the foundation, visit http://www.patrickpleefoundation.org/
We are excited to report on our move to the second location by enlarging the New Hope Education Center
at the Harvest House Ministry Center.
Harvest House received a $300,000 grant from the John R. Oishei Foundation
, a $90,000 grant from the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (see their web site)
and a $25.000 grant from the Robert J. Stransky Foundation towards this project. The school has expanded from 5,000 square feet to 17,000 square feet. The Baby and Children's Ministry
has moved to the space vacated by the school. This is exciting news for both programs!
The retreat center on Seneca Street will remain open and the former Baby and Children's Ministry will be used as additional meeting space!