July 24, 2015...A youth ministry group from Monroe Congregational Church - Monroe Connecticut were at our Jefferson Avenue location this week. Today they are working with our Maintenance Supervisor, Scott Crowe to replace damaged ceiling tiles. Thanks for your helping hands!
April 2013 - The Baby & Children's Ministry opened to clients at the greatly expanded location, 175 Jefferson Ave. We have room for clients to wait indoors now and plenty of space to browse the clothing racks.
- March 2013 -- Erie 2CC BOCES Students move into the new Nursing Lab at the New Hope Education Center
- In September 2011 Erie 2CC BOCES graduated another class of Licensed Practical Nurses. The graduates attended class at the New Hope Education Center and held their graduation ceremony at Harvest House in the beautiful sanctuary.
- Life Uniform donated 163 scrub tops and 92 bottoms to the New Hope Education Center!!! The scrubs will be used to equip current and past students for future and current employment. Thank you Life Uniform!
- The Harvest House Board voted to continue with expansion!!! An architect has been hired, and work will soon be underway. The expansion will almost quadruple the space for New Hope Education Center. It will also move the baby and Children's Ministry to the 175 Jefferson Avenue location. Check back in regularly to watch us grow!
- A former student of the Medical Office Assistant program at the New Hope Education Center was featured in a recent Buffalo News article. The article talks about her struggles as an immigrant in Buffalo, NY, but ends in her success. Read the full story by clicking the following link: Full Article
New Hope Education Center Expanding
Harvest House received $15,000 from the M&T Foundation towards the expansion of the New Hope Education Center. That brings the total raised to $480,000! This money will help to expand classroom and office space; allowing more classes and services to be offered at the Harvest House Ministry Center. It will also allow the Baby and Children's Ministry to move to the Jefferson Avenue location.
We are happy to report that the Patrick P. Lee Foundation awarded Harvest House $50,000 towards the expansion of the New Hope Education Center! Harvest House is proud of the faith the foundation put in this project. Located in Key Largo, FL and Amherst, NY, the Patrick P. Lee Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to providing support to not-profit organizations that empower families and communities with the resources needed to create positive change in areas of education, cancer treatment/research, mental health and human services in Southern Florida and Western New York.
For more information on the foundation, visit http://www.patrickpleefoundation.org/
(Jennifer Lee McNamara and Fred Cook present Linda and Gary Tatu with a check for $50,000 towards the expansion of the New Hope Education Center)
Through the generosity of a $300,000 grant from the John R. Oishei Foundation
, a $90,000 grant from the Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo (see their web site)
and a $25.000 grant from the Robert J. Stransky Foundation and with the help or you, our wonderful supporters, the education center has moved into a new expanded space. The education center previously occupied 5,000 square feet in the Harvest House Ministry Center. The new space has 17,000 square feet of classroom and office space. The expanded educational center was constructed in the old warehouse space at the ministry center.